This song was created for educational purposes and is released under Fair Use.
Listen on Soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/timeboy/madlib-what-a-day-unreleased
Buy Madlib’s albums on mp3, audio or CD in the link above.
It seems like all the versions of this song are shitty quality; so I decided to re-make it using the original sample from the Michal Urbaniak song “A Day in the Park”.
It gave me some wonderful insight into Madlib’s sampling techniques and composition flow. Also, I didn’t just take the sample and chop it up. I wanted to be as true to the mix as possible. That involved using a vintage compressor plugin for the warmth, EQ tweaking for that aged effect, some crackle and machine hiss, as well as erosion on the highs. I’m pretty happy how it turned out.
The picture was taken at Lake Balboa Park (Los Angeles) using the Pro HDR app for iPhone and the video effects were made in Final Cut Pro.
– In good faith, this work contains fair use of copyrighted and non-copyrighted music for non-commercial & nonprofit educational purposes.
– This work is distributed free of charge.
– The author has neither monetized this work nor sought any profit from its distribution.
– Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976: Allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
– Quotations are attributed to the original authors and sources.